Thursday, June 6, 2013

Backbone is too many decisions

The road to a working backbone.js app is filled with decisions. I am finally understanding what is meant by it being lightweight and remaining out of your way. Combine it with Javascript where everything goes anywhere and you have the opportunity for perfect mess.

Anyway, as I am working through those decisions, I am also looking at the possibility of keeping couple of Angular apps I built earlier. If this works, I should be able to use Angular for some compact parts of the app and use Backbone for the rest.

But for now, we can rejoice as the wiring up of the Dashboard view is done and our very first Backbone powered app is ready to be used. Of course, very little can be done with it for the time being but that will change very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment